The Army Marathon—”Staff Ride Heritage Series”
The Army Marathon proudly presents The Army Marathon – “Staff Ride Heritage Series”. This year marks a new initiative for The Army Marathon. After significant successes in our first three traditional marathons, we are adding a new format – This event, The Army Marathon – “Staff Ride Heritage Series” will be a virtual race. Besides being exciting, the new approach will also bolster our foundation goals and:
- Include more runners around the world who can’t get to Texas for a live race.
- Raise more funds for our benefiting charities, the REAL goal of The Army Marathon.
- Bring to life our country’s military history in a fun, interactive format written by well known and highly regarded military historians. This is the virtual “Staff Ride” used by commanders all over our military to bring to life the lessons of war to our subordinate commanders.
- Increase our ability to reach our men and women deployed outside of our country or even deployed in the field within our own borders.
- Allow participants of any age or ability to run the marathon distance while helping our Heroes and earning a medal for their participation.
The course you will be virtually running celebrates the “Shot Heard Around The World” — the Battles of Lexington and Concord in 1775 that signaled the beginning of the American Revolution and our independence! It begins at Minute Man National Historical Park and concludes at the USS Constitution Museum in Boston Harbor. During your run, you will receive emails of historically significant sites along your route!
As always, money raised through the races and other events will be contributed to multiple qualified military charities at the direction of The Army Marathon advisory group.
You can log your progress using Garmin, Fitbit, or Runkeeper devices, and you can use the Manual Entry option on your Progress Page.
A huge THANK YOU to all the organizers, volunteers, law enforcement personnel, medical personnel, etc. – you guys ROCK!!! Thank you for making my first full marathon in less than ideal conditions a GREAT experience!! Looking forward to next year!